Locating your business in Mills County provides you access to versatile and useful assistance programs. Our local Economic Development staff is available to assist you to determine programs and resources to help you in your site selection process. Learn more about assistance available for businesses in our region by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category: Iowa State Incentives, Training, Workforce
The Iowa New Jobs Training Program provides customized classroom instruction, on-the-job training and other training activities for employees in newly created jobs. The program includes:
- Screening, skills assessment and testing
- Travel for new employees to training anywhere in the world
- On-the-job training reimbursement of 50 percent of the new employees’ wages and fringe benefits during the training period
- In-plant instruction by company instructors
- Costs of training facilities, equipment, materials and supplies
- The amount per employee varies depending on the wage to be paid. Traditionally, the amount is approximately $2,000 - $2,500 per job.